Apple-Cheddar Panini Recipe
Sharp cheddar cheese and crisp apples take the classic grilled cheese sandwich up a notch.
- 8 slices whole-grain bread
- ¼ cup low-fat honey mustard
- 2 crisp apples, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- cooking spray
- Preheat panini press on medium heat.
- Lightly spread honey mustard evenly over each slice of bread. Layer apple slices and cheese on bread, using about ½ apple and 2 ounces of cheese for each sandwich. Join two prepared halves into a sandwich.
- Lightly coat panini press with cooking spray. Grill each sandwich for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese has melted and bread has toasted. Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Source: U.S. Apple Association