Autumn Vegetables and Pork Chops Recipe
Cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar combine with seasonal vegetables and pork chops in this hearty autumn dish.
- 6 pork chops, ¾-inch thick
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 2 cups green peas, frozen
- Slice acorn squash in half, remove seeds and slice each half into 6 slices, approximately ½-inch thick.
- Place 6 half slices on bottom of 5-quart slow cooker. Arrange 3 pork chops over squash; repeat layers.
- Combine all other ingredients except peas; pour over squash mixture.
- Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours or until pork and squash are tender. Remove both from slow cooker; keep warm. Stir in frozen peas. Turn heat setting to high. Cover and cook about 5 minutes or until peas are tender; drain.
Calories: 322; Protein: 25 grams; Fat: 9 grams; Sodium: 147 milligrams; Cholesterol: 67 milligrams; Saturated Fat: 3 grams; Carbohydrates: 42 grams; Fiber: 4 grams
SEE MORE: Pork Recipes
Recipe Courtesy of the National Pork Board