Beef ‘California Roll’ Salad Recipe
Get the flavors of the popular California Roll sushi in this healthy salad.
- 3 boneless beef top loin (Strip) steaks, cut ¾-inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- ⅓ cup hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate juice
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cups packaged matchstick carrots
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- ½ cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steaks and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours.
- For Wasabi Cucumbers: Combine wasabi paste and pomegranate juice in medium bowl. Add cucumbers; toss to coat. Set aside; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For Gingered Carrots: Combine mayonnaise and ginger in another medium bowl. Add carrots; toss to coat. Set aside; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove steaks from marinade, place on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 7 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, times remain the same) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steaks into thin slices. Place cucumbers and carrots side by side on plate; top with beef. Top with avocado and pomegranate seeds; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
SEE MORE: Beef Recipes
Courtesy of National Cattlemen’s Beef Association