Caribbean Beef Burgers with Mango Salsa Recipe
Add some island flair to dinner with these Caribbean Beef Burgers. Jerk seasoning adds a kick while the fresh mango salsa cools things down.
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 large mango, peeled, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño pepper, finely chopped and seeded
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Combine ground beef and jerk seasoning in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four ¾-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.Grill, covered, 13 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 13 to 14 minutes), turning occasionally, until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F. Season with salt, as desired.
- Meanwhile, combine salsa ingredients in medium bowl, mixing lightly. Serve burgers with salsa. Makes 4 servings.
As seen on www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com