Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
Wholesome Chicken Pot Pie is a classic comfort dish. Featuring a flaky biscuit crust, this pot pie is filled with fresh celery, peas and carrots, and chicken.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ stick butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can of 10 biscuits
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 can of peas and carrots
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil chicken until tender. Remove meat from bones and cut into small pieces while discarding skin and bones.
- In ovenware pan, melt butter. Add onion and celery and cook over low heat for 15 minutes. Add peas and carrots. Mix together broth and flour and add to vegetables. Add chicken and salt and pepper to taste. Top with biscuits and bake in 425-degree oven until brown.
- If desired, add ½ cup chopped bell pepper and 1 can of mushrooms to onions and celery as they cook.
Recipe Courtesy of National Chicken Council