Chicken Pumpkin Corn Chowder Recipe
Chicken and pumpkin take traditional corn chowder to the next level.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 (10 ounces) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 (16 ounces) can pumpkin
- 2 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 large cooked chicken breast, chopped
- Melt butter in Dutch oven.
- Add onion and sauté until tender. Add corn and cook, stirring occasionally, two to three minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin and next five ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer five minutes.
- Stir in half-and-half and cook until thoroughly heated. Do not boil. Pack in a thermos for a hot meal on the go. Makes 7 cups.
Author: Cathy Williams, Rocky Mount