Confetti Brunch Recipe With Bacon, Eggs and Cornbread
This breakfast dish has something for everyone. Confetti Brunch features eggs, cornbread and crisp bacon.
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups skim milk or 2% milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- ½ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 cornbread muffins or squares cut in half
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- ½ cup crisp cooked bacon pieces
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat; stir in flour, mixing until smooth. Gradually add milk, stirring until mixture thickens.
- Add salt, pepper, eggs and mayonnaise; mix completely. Cook, stirring until thoroughly heated.
- Slice cornbread muffins or squares in half horizontally and place on individual serving plates. Spoon egg sauce over cornbread and sprinkle with green onions, bacon and cheese. Makes 8 servings.
Recipe courtesy of the North Carolina Egg Association