Fresh Blueberry Scones Recipe
Fresh blueberry scones are perfect for breakfast, brunch or an afternoon snack.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of unsalted butter, chilled, cut into cubes
- ½ cup fresh North Carolina blueberries, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix in butter by hand until mixture is course and even-grained. Do not over-mix.
- Fold in blueberries with a spoon and then add the ¾ cup of cream. Carefully stir to just moisten the flour.
- Knead dough briefly on a lightly floured surface. Roll out or beat dough into a circle, 12 to 14 inches in diameter. Cut into 12, ½ inch-thick wedges.
- Separate wedges and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, about ½-inch apart. Brush tops with remaining ¼ cup cream. Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
SEE MORE: Blueberry Recipes
Courtesy of N.C. Blueberry Producers Association.