Fresh Vegetable Burritos Recipe
Cheesy and flavorful, these simple burritos are packed with fresh veggies including bell peppers, tomatoes and green onions.
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- 2 medium onions (1 cup), finely chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup kidney beans, cooked and drained
- (1 cup) cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons salt-free herb seasoning
- 6 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 large tomato (1 cup), finely chopped
- ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 1 ⅓ cups fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cook onions and bell pepper in oil about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender.
- Place kidney beans, salsa and seasoning in blender or food processor. Cover and blend on high speed until well blended.
- Spread each tortilla with one-sixth of the bean mixture; top each with one-sixth of the onions, bell pepper, tomato, cheese, yogurt and sprouts.
- Roll up tortillas; secure with toothpicks. Place on ungreased 13-by-9-inch pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted. Makes 6 servings.
SEE MORE: Vegetable Recipes