Holiday Breakfast Panini Recipe
Start your day off right with this filling breakfast panini, featuring eggs, ham, mozzarella cheese and tomatoes.
- 2 slices whole wheat or favorite bread
- 1 to 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, butter
- 1 slice mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices cooked ham or turkey
- 1 egg fried “hard” with solid yolk
- ¼ cup leaf lettuce or greens
- 2 slices tomato (optional)
- Brush one side of each slice of bread with butter or margarine. Turn bread over and add cheese slice. Place turkey or ham slices and cooked egg on top of cheese. Add lettuce and tomato.
- Place on a Panini press, or if using a skillet, put a bread press on top or use a spatula and press down while the sandwich cooks and cheese is melted, about 3-5 minutes.
Courtesy of the North Carolina Egg Association