Honey Pork Tenderloin Kabobs Recipe
Grilled pork kabobs are perfect for a summer picnic or cookout. These feature North Carolina sweet potatoes, peaches, peppers and onions.
- ½ cup bourbon or 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3-4 sweet potatoes, cut into 24 1-inch cubes
- 1 ½ pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 24 1-inch cubes
- 4 medium ripe peaches, unpeeled, pitted and quartered
- 4 green peppers, each cut into 8 2-inch pieces
- 8 yellow onions, each cut into 4 2-inch pieces
- Olive oil, for grilling
- Mix first four ingredients in a bowl; stir well and set glaze aside.
- Steam or boil sweet potatoes until crisp-tender. Thread 3 sweet potato cubes, 3 pork cubes, 2 peach quarters, 4 green pepper pieces and 4 onion pieces alternately onto each of eight 10-inch skewers.
- Brush kabobs with honey glaze mixture. Lightly oil grill. Grill over medium-hot coals 5 minutes on each side or until thoroughly heated, basting occasionally with glaze. Serves 4.
SEE MORE: Pork Recipes
Calories: 640 calories; Protein: 42 grams; Fat: 12 grams; Sodium: 290 milligrams; Cholesterol: 110 milligrams; Saturated Fat: 3 grams; Carbohydrates: 77 grams