Katie’s Famous Apple Pie Recipe
Katie’s Famous Apple Pie is an all-American dessert, featuring a crumbly sweet topping.
9-inch Pie Crust:
- 1 ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter flavored Crisco
- 3-4 tablespoons ice water
- 4-5 tart apples (preferably Stayman Winesap), sliced thin
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4-5 tablespoons butter (softened)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- For the pie crust: Combine flour and salt in bowl. Cut Crisco with pastry blender to form pea-sized chunks. Sprinkle with ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Toss lightly with fork until dough forms a ball. Roll out on floured board. Place in pie plate and flute. Prick bottom and sides with fork to prevent shrinkage.
- For the filling: Combine dry ingredients. Stir into the apples. Add lemon juice, then melted butter. Turn into a 9-inch unbaked pie shell.
- For the topping: Mix all ingredients together until crumbly. Sprinkle over pie.
- Bake at 425 degrees for ten minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 40-45 more minutes or until top is browned.