Elise Johnson’s Fall Recipes for Butternut Soup, Apple Cakes and More
Begin by making croutons:
- ½ loaf Ciabatta bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine olive oil, melted butter, thyme and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add bread cubes and toss.
- Place cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until crispy on the outside but still a bit “chewy” on the inside.
Next recipe: Butternut Squash Apple Soup
← Previous Story Beef ‘California Roll’ Salad Recipe
Next Story → Autumn Vegetables and Pork Chops Recipe