One-Dish Beef Stroganoff Recipe
Give your family a filling dinner with easy, one-dish beef stroganoff.
- 1 pound ground beef (93 percent lean or leaner)
- ½ pound button or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 cups uncooked whole grain wide noodle-style pasta
- 1 can (14 ½ ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup regular or reduced-fat sour cream plus additional for topping
- 1 tablespoon regular or coarse-grain Dijon-style mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef, mushrooms, garlic and thyme; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking ground beef into ¾-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally.
- Stir noodles and broth into beef mixture. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook 9 to 10 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring twice. Stir in peas; continue cooking, uncovered, 3 to 5 minutes or until peas are heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in ¼ cup sour cream and mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with additional sour cream, if desired. Makes 4 servings
Test Kitchen Tips: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160 degrees. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
Total Recipe Time: 30 to 35 minutes
Calories: 444 ; Fat: 12 grams; Cholesterol: 86 milligrams; Sodium: 616 milligrams; Carbohydrates: 48 grams; Fiber: 6.6 grams; Protein: 38 grams.
SEE MORE: Beef Recipes
Recipe Courtesy of National Cattlemen’s Beef Association