Recipe of the Month: Baked Ham with Honey-Apricot Glaze
December 2004 Recipe of the Month: Baked Ham with Honey-Apricot Glaze
- 1 (10- to 14-pound) spiral-sliced, fully cooked smoked ham
- 1 cup honey
- 6 ounces (1 can) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup apricot jam
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place ham on rack in shallow roasting pan. Mix together remaining ingredients in medium bowl; set aside.
- Bake ham for 30 minutes; pour glaze over ham and continue to bake until ham is heated through, about a total of 1 to 1 ½ hours.
Author: North Carolina Pork Council