Recipe of the Month: Freezer Strawberry Jam
May 2002 Recipe of the Month: Freezer Strawberry Jam
- 2 cups washed, crushed strawberries (start with
- 4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 box powdered fruit pectin (1¾ oz)
- Place crushed berries into a large bowl. Add the sugar to the fruit, mix well, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Mix water and pectin in a small saucepan, bring the mixture to a boil, and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir the pectin into the fruit. Continue stirring for 3 minutes.
- Ladle quickly into sterilized freezable jars, leaving ½ inch of headroom. Seal immediately with sterilized tight-fitting lids. Let jars stand at room temperature until the jam is set. Freeze.
Servings: 5-6 (8oz) jars
Author: NC Strawberry Association