Recipe of the Month: Fresh Blueberry Ice Cream
June 2002 Recipe of the Month: Fresh Blueberry Ice Cream
- 1 large package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 (13oz) can evaporated milk, chilled
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, mashed
- Combine pudding mix and sugar in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients, stirring well.
- Pour mixture into freezer can of 1-gallon hand-turned or electric freezer.
- Freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Let ripen (sit) at least 1 hour before serving.
Note: fresh strawberries, blackberries, or raspberries may be substituted for blueberries.
Servings 1 gallon