Recipe of the Month: Freshwater Prawn Scampi
Freshwater Prawn Scampi
- 1 lb peeled prawns (or shrimp)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- Sauté garlic in olive oil over low heat. Add butter and remaining ingredients and bring to a medium heat. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until done. Prawns will be firm. Do not let butter and oil mixture begin to boil, as this will burn prawns.
- Serve immediately with French bread for dipping in remaining scampi sauce or, serve with rice or pasta.
Author: DJ&W Farm Raised Shrimp Co.