Recipe of the Month: Santa Fe Meat Loaf
Santa Fe Meat Loaf
- 2 pounds lean ground pork
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 4 tablespoons minced dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- In large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté onions and garlic until soft, about 10 minutes; cool slightly and transfer to large bowl. Add all remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Place mixture in a 9 x 4 ½ x 2 ½-inch loaf pan and bake in a 350 degree F. oven for 1 ½ hours.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest 10 minutes before removing from pan. Slice to serve warm, or wrap well and refrigerate for sandwiches.
Recipe courtesy National Pork Board