Recipe of the Month: Springtime Strawberry Pie
Springtime Strawberry Pie
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 2, 10 oz. packages frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- Early in the day prepare as follows: In a small saucepan, drain syrup from thawed strawberries. Stir in gelatin and let stand 5 minutes. Heat, stirring constantly until gelatin just dissolves; stir in lemon juice.
- Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until thickened to consistency of unbeaten egg white.
- Stir in egg whites. With electric mixer at high speed, beat mixture until light and fluffy. Fold in drained strawberries. Heap it into pie shell.
- Refrigerate until serving time – at least 3 hrs. May top with cool whip when served.
Author: Mary Kay Cox of Four Oaks