Recipe of the Month: Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
May 2002 Recipe of the Month: Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 packages (8oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 1 loaf (10 3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 squares (1oz each) semisweet chocolate, grated chocolate curls
- Additional strawberries (optional)
- In a bowl, toss strawberries with ½ cup sugar; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, orange juice and remaining sugar until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream; set aside.
- Drain strawberries, reserving the juice; set the berries aside. Gently toss cake cubes with reserved juice.
- Place half of the cake in a 4-quart trifle dish or serving bowl. Top with a third of the cream cheese mixture, half of the strawberries and half of the grated chocolate. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cream cheese mixture. Garnish with chocolate curls and strawberries if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.