Recipe of the Month: Strawberry Pie
- 15 graham crackers, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons strawberry Jell-O (powder)
- 1 cup water
- 1 quart strawberries
- Mix together graham crackers, sugar and butter, and pat into pie pan to form crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- To make glaze, mix together cornstarch, 1 cup sugar and strawberry Jell-O powder. Add water. Heat until thick.
- Rinse and cap 1 quart of strawberries. Place in a graham cracker crust. Coat with glaze topping and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Author: Karma Lee, Apex, NC