Strawberry Shrimp Ceviche
Strawberry Shrimp Ceviche is an award-winning recipe by JWU student Tyler Creech.
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and tails removed
- 1 orange, juiced
- 2 to 3 lemons, juiced
- 4 to 5 limes, juiced
- 1 cup red onion, cut into small cubes
- 1 to 2 serrano chilies, diced
- 2 avocados, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 cucumber, peeled, sliced and quartered
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook shrimp in boiling, salted water until done, about 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine citrus juices, onion and serrano chilies.
- Drain shrimp and add to bowl with citrus juices. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Before serving, mix in avocado, cilantro, strawberries, cucumber and salt or pepper as needed. Serve as an entrée, side dish or dip.
SEE ALSO: 99 Recipes With Strawberries