Tangy Thai Shrimp and Strawberries
This Tangy Thai Shrimp and Strawberries recipe was created by Chef Mark Allison, dean of culinary education at Johnson & Wales University, for the N.C. Strawberry Project.
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp. organic honey
- 2 tsp. nam pla (Thai fish sauce)
- 1 tbsp. grated lemon zest
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 Thai red chilies, finely diced
- 6 oz. cooked and shelled shrimp
- 1/3 cup unsalted roasted almonds, lightly chopped
- 2 cups strawberries, cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp. chopped mint leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, honey, nam pla, lemon zest, lime juice, zest and chilies.
- Fold in the shrimp and almonds, add the strawberries and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle and stir in chopped cilantro and mint. Serve.
Makes 4 servings
SEE ALSO: Strawberry Shrimp Ceviche Recipe