Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie Recipe
Fresh Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie is a sweet treat in the summertime.
- 1 ½ cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 4 cups rhubarb, sliced
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup flour
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 nine-inch pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix together first five ingredients in a large bowl.
- Place pie crust in a 9-inch glass pie plate. (Metal pie tins react with the fruit.) Sprinkle lightly with sugar. (This keeps the bottom crust from getting soggy.)
- Add strawberrry-rhubarb mixture. Cover with vented top pie crust. Flute the edges to seal and cut off the excess pie crust.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue baking for 30 minutes. Pie crust should be light golden brown. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream if desired. Makes 8 servings.
Baked and submitted by Renee Ciancio, New Bern
Tested and approved by Michael Ciancio, New Bern